Let me ask a fun question: What if my Liquid Cool — my sci-fi noir detective series — were a TV series? Which actors do you think should play the main characters?
Who Should Play? (Pick two: Cruz and one other)
- PJ. Caucasian female (French), remember the initials stand for “Punch Judy” meaning she punches people with her bionic arms.
- Dot. Asian female, classy, businesswoman fashionista, was “famous” long before she met Cruz.
- Run-Time. African American male, consummate businessmen.
- Phishy. Caucasian male, slim build, radiates crazy fun.
- and Cruz! our hero detective with the cool hat, cool red hovercar, and attitude. Hispanic, 30-ish male.
Let us know who’d play Cruz and pick an actor for one other character, if you’d like.
Austin Dragon is the author of over 30 books in science fiction, fantasy, and classic horror. His works include the sci-fi detective LIQUID COOL series, the epic fantasy FABLED QUEST CHRONICLES, the international futuristic epic AFTER EDEN Series, the classic SLEEPY HOLLOW HORRORS, and new military sci-fi PLANET TAMERS series. He is a native New Yorker but has called Los Angeles, California home for more than twenty years. Words to describe him, in no particular order: U.S. Army, English teacher, one-time resident of Paris, ex-political junkie, movie buff, Fortune 500 corporate recruiter, renaissance man, futurist, and dreamer.
Lucy Liu for Dot.
Jay Hernandez for Cruz, pretty much who you picture Cruz as. Manny Montana wouldn’t be bad either.
Amber Nash for PJ (Pam from Archer).