So how did our famous sci-fi detective meet his wife Dot a.k.a. China Doll? I teased it in the last Liquid Cool novel (Book 9), Write Me a Murder on Jules Verne’s Island.
Your guesses were great:
- She was in the passenger seat during a race against Cruz. He won the race and stole her away from his rival.
- She was at an illegal hovercraft race. He saw her and there were instant fireworks. They’ve been together ever since.
- Cruz was in one of his depressed moods and hiding when she shows up in some crazy manner. Falls from the sky or crashes into his beloved vehicle. She is either chasing or running away from bad people and he helps her. ??
- I would guess she was a damsel in distress, perhaps due to some situation her parents brought about!
- I think it had to be a Blade Runneresque murder mystery and she was the dame in trouble!
- They met through a mutual acquaintance, Run Time.
- She knew runtime and others in the car scene and met Cruz there
- Cruz went in for a haircut.
- If I had to guess I would guess they met in college or at the police station.
- He was around when she crashed into a bridge. He helped pick up the pieces of her.
They met at a Metropolis Phobia Support Group!
If you’re a VIP Member, this Saturday (11/9) I’ll send you the “lost” chapter to read. It will be a preview of a new feature and category I’ll launch in 2020 called Flash Fiction! It will be excerpts from new books and series.
VIP Members Comment Below:
Austin Dragon is the author of over 30 books in science fiction, fantasy, and classic horror. His works include the sci-fi detective LIQUID COOL series, the epic fantasy FABLED QUEST CHRONICLES, the international futuristic epic AFTER EDEN Series, the classic SLEEPY HOLLOW HORRORS, and new military sci-fi PLANET TAMERS series. He is a native New Yorker but has called Los Angeles, California home for more than twenty years. Words to describe him, in no particular order: U.S. Army, English teacher, one-time resident of Paris, ex-political junkie, movie buff, Fortune 500 corporate recruiter, renaissance man, futurist, and dreamer.