Last year in 2017, I gave my VIP Readers’ Club members the opportunity to pick my next new series. Fantasy won out by a whopping 60%; the other options weren’t even close. As mentioned in earlier posts, I’m not a Game of Thrones fan, but a big Lord of the Rings fan. However, as many of you already know I always put my own twist on a genre. So what is this new fantasy series?
The best way to describe it is in one teaser sentence: It’s King Solomon Mines meets The Lord of the Rings.
I was always planning to write my own version of King Solomon’s Mines. When I saw the classic 1950 movie starring Stewart Granger and Deborah Kerr in reruns, I was hooked. It was a quest across another continent for the riches of the wealthy and legendary sage king of Israel. I was going to do a modern version and still may in the future but then I thought, what if I merged that story with other elements—fantasy elements? Again, I love genre-blends, so my series would be that quest but instead take place in an epic world of fantasy. Lions, elephants, and warring tribesmen would be replaced with mythical beasts, elves and goblins. The territories of the continent of Africa would be replaced with unknown and unexplored magical realms.
Series Name Reveal: The Fabled Quest Chronicles
Book One Name Reveal: Through Titan’s Trail
What do you think? Comment below:
Latest posts by Austin Dragon (see all)
- 7 Essential Elements of My Fabled Quest Chronicles Series - July 10, 2020
- The Dragon's Den: Pick the Title For a Techno-Thriller! - June 30, 2020
- Fabled Quest Chronicles Book 5 Online Poll - June 28, 2020
- Give the Author An Assignment 2020 - June 1, 2020
- Don’t We Sci-Fi Writers Have an Obligation to Say Something About This New “Orwellian” World? - May 15, 2020