It’s funny when I look back at it. I was first working on my new Liquid Cool cyberpunk detective series in 2015 and wanted to share, so I wrote a quick prequel (These Mean Streets, Darkly). It introduced readers to the Liquid Cool universe but…more than a few of you were annoyed and said “love it! But now what? Where’s the debut novel?!”
Well, I've more than made up for it. Liquid Cool (Book 1), the debut novel, has over 200 reviews on Amazon–most of them are 4 and 5 stars. I released both Book 2 (Blade Gunner) and 3 (NeuroDancer) in March of this year. Then in May, I released Book 4: The Electric Sheep Massacre. That’s a lot of product in a short period of time. A lot of you couldn’t be happier. If you’re wondering why I’m so focused on Liquid Cool this year, you’ll see next year—believe me (but I can’t say any more; this is a Liquid Cool post).
Here are the announcements:
- A New Book Cover for Blade Gunner (Liquid Cool, Book 2). I liked the old cover, but I love the new one! Why did I change it? For those who’ve read the novel, the Blade Gunner is a formidable force. My instincts were that the cover diminished that reality by featuring minor characters. The new cover keeps it simple: Cruz, the detective, and the Blade Gunner—that’s it. Much more powerful.
- Name & Cover Reveal / Release Date / Pre-Order for New Liquid Cool Novel: I had mentioned in a previous blog post article that when I wrote Liquid Cool books 2 through 4, one after the other, that I was very tempted to simply write Book 5 too. In fact, I already knew the story, for both Books 5 and 6, but I stopped to write a book in another series. Well, Book 5 is done. Liquid Cool Book 5 is I, Alien Hunter! As many of you know, my Liquid Cool series was inspired by Ridley Scott’s classic sci-fi movie Blade Runner, so Alien Hunter will be released the same day as the new Blade Runner 2049 movie—October 6th! You'll be able to get Book 5 at a discount price on Pre-order on Amazon (Kindle) or Kobo (all others) up until the release date.
- More! I have another big surprise for Liquid Cool fans. The same month I release I, Alien Hunter, I will also release Liquid Cool Book 6–A.I. Confidential. But that’s not the surprise. What is it? You’ll have to read the novel, but the moment you reach that part in the book, you’ll be saying: “No, way!”
How's that for announcements? What do you think about the new upcoming Liquid Cool novels? Leave a comment below.
Latest posts by Austin Dragon (see all)
- Lord of the Rings Fans Meet The Fabled Quest Chronicles: Kindles & Books Giveaway (UK Edition) - September 1, 2018
- Want to Stay Alive in the Lands of Magic and Monsters? (Fabled Quest Chronicles) - August 6, 2018
- Minotaurs, Manticores, and More - June 2, 2018
- Intro – Through Titan’s Trail: (Fabled Quest Chronicles, Book 1) - April 26, 2018
- Cover Reveal: New Fantasy Series! - April 12, 2018